Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Living Stone


Living Stone

And now GOD is building you, as living stones, into his spiritual temple.
1 Peter 2:5


This is my story of my walk with the Lord
It’s not that exciting, I hope you’re not bored

I grew up in a Christian home, Christian church, Christian friends
This is just where my story begins

I went to church on Sunday because that’s what you do
What I did the night before, well, nobody knew

I went through a phase where I was kind of wild
But I had an excuse, being a middle child!

I thought I could do it, just me on my own
The harder I tried, I felt more empty… alone

Instead of turning to God to forgive and forget
I turned to things that now I regret

There is a time in your life when you know what you shouldn’t do
So you avoid the only one that can save you

As I got older I realized it’s true
Jesus died on that cross for me… and for you

The more time that I spent in the word and in prayer
I soon realized, Jesus will always be there

When I look back now,… all the dumb things that I did
I sure am glad that our Lord does forgive

The seeds that were planted when I was young
Would play a big part in the years to come

I have friends that have been with me through thick and through thin
When it comes to talking about Jesus, I don’t know where to begin?

I struggle with things and pray every day
It’s reassuring to know we’re not here to stay

Satan makes you feel worthless- like your not good enough
God will forgive you and get rid of that stuff

I have a Christian partner to share in my life
I thank God everyday for my beautiful wife

My life has meaning since I gave it to him
Its not always easy as we are surrounded by sin

God showers us with blessing, his son He did give
And by his example, my life I should live!

I don’t know the specific time, moment, or place
But without Jesus in my life , this world I couldn’t face!

2003 - bryan rotman

No comments: