Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Gut Check


Gut Check

Who do I know that is oppressed or poor
Should I just send a check or should I do more?

Can I put a face on someone-that is in need?
Do I spend my time on myself- is that a form of greed?

Can I spend time with a kid who doesn’t know love
Are we caring for orphans and widows? a direct command from above

Will kids find more love in gangs on the street?
Than they can - in Christians they meet?

We are always so busy doing our thing
Loving ourselves - no time for the king

Jesus took time to heal that blind man - while on his way
His ministry was constantly interrupted- but he made time to pray

Following Jesus is not about us
It is humbly serving without making a fuss

Jesus open our eyes and teach us to share
Help us reach out to others and show that we care

bryan rotman 01/09/07

No comments: