Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Thank-You MOM


Thank-you mom

Thank-you Mom for all the love you show
It wasn’t until I had my own kids, this love did I know

Thank-you for all the food you prepared
Thank-you for all the meals that we shared

Thank-you for always being proud
Thank-you for making us pray out loud

Thank-you for all the miles you drove
Thank-you for all the laundry you fold

Thank-you for all the owies you kissed
Thank-you for all the important events you never missed

Thank-you for all the discipline you gave
Sorry about the wooden spoon you couldn’t save

Thank-you for your prayers all these years
Even when it meant sleepless nights and a few tears

Thank-you for all the sacrifices you made
My Christian education was worth what you paid

Thank-you for modeling Christ in your life
That set the standard high, when picking out a wife

Thank-you for waiting up till I came home
Thank- you for raising me in Jesus alone

Thank you for teaching me to pray
That it’s OK to clap your hands in church
Or maybe even sway

The child can never fully understand-all that their mothers do
But as your child I say -Merry Christmas MOM and I love you!

Christmas-2006-bryan

No comments: