Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wedding Poem


Wedding poem

I remember the day I met you, The moment you walked through that door
My heart stopped for a minute, My jaw hung to the floor

We started dating , And having lots of fun
Off to Cancun, For beaches and sun

Things were moving fast, It seemed like we just met
By memorial day weekend, We had our first pet

That summer was hot, We worked really hard
it was your first time , Mowing the yard

As the seasons changed, God was changing me too
I made a profession of faith, That was long overdue

I knew that I loved you, Not certain what that would bring
I cashed in my Harley fund, And bought a diamond ring

I popped the question, You sure were surprised
You didn’t need to answer, I could tell by your eyes

That following summer, Was one of the best
Our poor little camper, Had no time to rest

That year for my birthday, you gave me the coolest gift of all
120 mph, FREEFALL!

You are supportive, Of all that I do
But when it comes to deer hunting, You could learn a thing or two

I spend a lot of time w/ my friends, We have lots of fun
But its you that I want, Before the day is done

We’re a very happy couple, They say it’s healthy to fight
But don’t expect flowers, every time that your right

We’ve talked about goals, I’ve met all that I’ve tried
Today was the biggest, Making you my bride

The Lords brought us together, To have and to hold
May he bless us and keep us, As we grow old

As we go home tonight, No longer two-but one
Let not our will, But the fathers be done!

I LOVE YOU DAYSHA! June 22,2002

No comments: