Saturday, January 20, 2007

sunset


SUNSET

As I sit in this familiar place
The sky all cloudy and gray
Thinking to myself , it would be a great night
For a sunset display

The wind is blowing sharply
There is snow on the ground
My toes are freezing cold
my face exposed just enough, that I can look around

I slowly have this warming feeling
Like a child on his fathers lap
A feeling of total peace
Into his majesty did I tap?

The clouds began to leave, the sky began to change
It was if he read my mind
The show was set in motion
All the colors of the rainbow I could find

I shared that sunset upon the lap
Of my God most high
A little glimpse of heaven
Till the darkness filled the sky

I didn’t leave the woods empty handed that night
As I crunched through the snow
I had the feeling I’d been with the king
That was all I needed to know

bryan rotman - fall 07

No comments: