Saturday, January 20, 2007

Surrender


Surrender

My legs are trembling
My knee’s are getting weak
The adrenalin is pumping
It’s God’s will I seek

Slowly I rise
The only one on my feet
I don’t look around
No one’s eyes do I meet

With one hand lifted to the father
One hand holding my son
I have decided to follow Jesus
And thank him for what he’s done

I put this song on the alter
My face soaked with tears
With my eyes tightly closed
God took away my fears

I can’t close my eyes forever
Standing before his throne
…the song’s almost over
Will I be standing alone?

My God is faithful
When I put my trust in him
For the whole church was standing
At the end of this hymn

Anytime I hear that song
Or whistle it’s familiar tune
It takes me to that defining moment
On that Sunday afternoon!


“IF ANY OF YOU WANTS TO BE MY FOLLOWER, YOU MUST PUT ASIDE YOUR SELFISH
AMBITION, SHOULDER YOUR CROSS DAILY, AND FOLLOW ME.” LUKE 9:23

bryan rotman - FALL 2006

No comments: