Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bushel


Bushel

What does it mean to be a Christian- can I possibly follow his way
Do the things of the Bible - apply to today

Is it just one day a week-to listen and sing
Talk with our friends- an envelope to bring

Do I understand what I believe- Can I explain it to a stranger
That God saved me- through a baby in a manger

Will I be frustrated with those who don’t know
I have believed all my life- but in my life does it show

Can you see it in the way I treat my wife
Are my words always kind- or do they cut like a knife

Rule number one and two- Love God -Love People
Why are so many hurting- right under our steeple

Jesus was homeless - but rich in every way
For he understood about rot and decay

I have so much- But always look to those who have more
If I had what they have -I would give to the poor

My life on earth is but a fraction of time
Why do I spend it seeing what I can make mine

What did God give me- what can I bring
Can I work with my hands- Can I stand up and sing

What is this gift that I am trying to fight
Am I putting a bushel over his light

bryan rotman 01/10/07

No comments: