Sunday, February 4, 2007

Poor man's cry


Poor mans cry
“Fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you” 2 timothy 1:6

The Lord is my shepherd,
I have everything I need
Why is my life
Full of Desire and Greed?

As I surf thru the stations
Trash is all I see
Sitting here wondering
Why doesn’t God speak to me?

I spend hours watching TV
Only moments in PRAYER
That’s how I show God
That I really care?

Deadlines to meet
People to see
Someone will feed the hungry
Why should it be me?

The thoughts that I think
The things that I say
Am I really a Christian…
Could this be the way?

The way I treat my neighbor
What I say behind his back
You gave me your WORD
But is my life on track?

Jesus took my sins to the cross
They died with him there
Then why do I carry around
This sin and despair?

For he chose me
Before the beginning of time
Why can’t I let go
Of this Life of mine?

Fan into flames
The gift you’ve been given
I’ve got a long way to go
But I know I’m forgiven

Chorus: My knee’s hit the floor
I lift my face to the sky
“Father forgive me”
Was the POOR MANS CRY

Winter 2006 -bryan rotman

No comments: