Sunday, February 4, 2007

Daysha


Daysha

You are the most important person in my life
You are my best friend and a great wife

Last year at this time you were pregnant you know
Happy indeed, you could tell by the glow

On the way to the hospital I was gripped with fear
What if something went wrong with my Daysha dear

I prayed to God to put my fears to rest
Watching my wife in pain put my faith to the test

The doctor told us this baby will be big
We both thought he was telling a fib

You were a trouper through the whole thing
For into this world a baby you did bring

A little baby girl to your delight
Of course it was, cause your always right

This year has brought a lot of changes-that sure is true
It is no longer just me and just you

Diapers to change and bottles to make
Sometimes it is… a lot to take

You do it all usually with a smile
Even when folding laundry out of a pile

We go to bed a little earlier and show up a little later
But to our little girl we sure do cater

Kennedy has brought out in us a love we barely knew
A reflection of how God loves me and loves you

God has given you the gift of being a mother from above
You show: Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, and Love

A kind of love that puts someone else’s life first
A kind of love that sees all the good and forgets the worst

It is hard putting into words what I am trying to say
I love you more each and everyday

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2005 - bryan rotman

No comments: