Saturday, February 3, 2007

Big Matt Daddy


BIG MATT DADDY
“For where two or three gather together because they are mine, I am there among them.“ Mathew 18:20

I have a band of brothers
There’s more than two or three
So when we meet together
We are joined by GOD Almighty

And when we meet together
Our lives we do share
As brothers we kneel
To the father in prayer

There are so many people
That push me to the test
The path is very narrow
I’ll try to do my best

In the mist of my troubles
In the darkness of tears
I feel your arms around me
Your presence melts my fears

Jesus walked this earth
And sin he did not
He set the example
That I fail a lot

Where is my example
Of what a father is supposed to be?
You took my earthly father
So he could be with thee

Because of Christ’s blood
I was created new
Please give me wisdom with my own son
And tell me what to do

I feel like I’m walking blind
I wish that I could see
I can do all things
through Christ who strengthens me

Its hard to be patient
Sometimes all we can do is pray
I knew that you were listening
Because the phone rang today

You are the ultimate Father
Jesus could not be won
The temptation of the devil
Was no match for the bond with your son

For my brother in Christ-Matt
winter 2006 - bryan rotman

No comments: