Sunday, February 4, 2007

Let the Little Children


“Let the little children come to me”
“For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these”-Mathew 19:14

My baby girl Is one year old
There is a story here Just waiting to be told

I love to hold Kennedy When she’s fallen asleep
I’ll always come running At the sound of her peep

In the middle of winter When things are dreary and grey
Looking at her picture Brings sunshine to my day

As I watch my baby crawl And slowly learn to walk
I get all choked-up So I can barely talk

God’s right there When we stumble and fall
Waiting to help us For his name to call

There’s no greater love Than through a parents eyes
That I could love so much Took me by surprise

God has taught me some things Through my daughter
He will love me always When I’m good and when I falter

When we follow his way When we do his will
It puts a smile on his face It gives him a thrill

Jesus said come onto me just like a little child
This idea to me sounded kind of wild

How much Kennedy depends on me This level of trust
Coming to Jesus as a child Is a define must

I’d give up my life So my child could live
Sacrificing his son Was so much to give

Lord, live in Kennedy’s heart Help her to follow your way
So we can spend forever together On that Glorious Day

Spring 2006 - bryan rotman

No comments: