Saturday, March 3, 2007

It's a Jeep thing

I was driving home from a youth retreat last weekend, it was late, like 12:30 and freezing rain had developed and visibility wasn't real good. I had one of Brad's cd's cranked up loud enough that I couldn't hear myself sing. It was one of those great personal worship times with God. I started thinking about how I am like my jeep and how my life is like the road in front of me. Sometimes the visibility is real good and it seem like I can see for miles when other times I can't see more than ten feet in front of my nose. Either way I have to trust that God is directing my life no matter what the weather is like. Sometimes I may have to adjust the speed my life is going. The road has many different ways to get to the same place. Some ways are dirty and bumpy while others are smooth and fast. God will always show me the way He wants me to go even if the visibility is not good. I need to pay attention to His signs. Sometimes I don't like stop ahead signs or red lights, but most of the time they are there to protect me. I get impatient as I want to go my own way at my own speed, but God knows best and He has a little better view of my life than I do. My jeep also needs fuel. I need my small group. I need to listen to sermons and read the Word. I need a spiritual fill up. I also need to keep my jeep clean so it doesn't rust. I need to keep my mind pure and armor all it against evil and wash it out with the forgiveness of God. I also love to spin donuts with my jeep. Any suggestions on that one?????

1 comment:

Daysha said...

Good analogy babe. I like how your brain thinks. I think you liking to do donuts means that you still like to have a little fun every now and then. The boy in you isn't all grown up yet. God did create us to have fun and to enjoy life!! A good donut every now and then never hurts anyone. As long as it's in an empty parking lot!